Following parliamentary elections in Luxembourg last month, ALDE Party member Demokratesch Partei (DP) agreed to enter into a coalition government with seven out of 15 ministers.
The new government was sworn in on 17 November, with outgoing Prime Minister Xavier Bettel taking up the Deputy-Prime Minister, Foreign Affairs, Trade and Greater Region portfolio.
Five DP ministers retained a role in the new cabinet, including party leader Lex Delles, while two new ministers were appointed: Stéphanie Obertin (Digitalisation and Research) and Eric Thill (Culture).
The full list of ministers:
- Xavier Bettel - Deputy Prime Minister, Minister for Foreign and European Affairs, Cooperation, Trade and the Greater Region
- Yuriko Backes – Minister for Defence, Gender Equality and Diversity, Mobility and Public Works
- Lex Delles – Minister for Economy, SMEs, Energy and Tourism
- Max Hahn – Minister for Family Affairs, Solidarity and Immigration
- Claude Meisch – Minister for Education, Childhood and Youth, Housing and Territorial Development
- Stéphanie Obertin – Minister for Digitalisation, Research and Higher Education
- Eric Thill – Minister for Culture, Minister Delegate for Tourism
At the elections on 8 October, DP received 18.7% of the popular vote and strengthened their representation in the Chamber of Deputies by winning an additional two seats, bringing their total number of MPs up to 14.