As per ALDE Party statutes, delegation lists closes one week prior to the Council Meeting.
The deadline for closure of delegations is Wednesday 11 November at 12:00 CET.
After this time, International Officers will still be able to validate the attendance of delegates from their parties, but will no longer be able to allocate voting rights or make changes to their delegations. The ALDE Party Bureau can allow for changes to delegations in exceptional circumstances such as flight cancellation, sickness or unforeseen political developments.
A complete delegation list, showing number of voting delegates per party can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
As stated in the Internal Regulations of the ALDE Party, only full member parties may propose urgency resolutions for discussion and adoption at the Council.
These must relate to current or recent political events or to topical issues that have occurred since the last (physical) meeting of the Council (25 October 2019 in Athens, Greece).
Draft urgencies may not exceed 300 words. The Council shall decide which draft urgency resolutions to debate, after considering the recommendation by the Bureau.
Draft urgency resolutions must be submitted to the online platform.
The deadline for submitting urgency resolutions is Wednesday 4 November at midnight CET.
Accessing the resolution platform
The new resolution platform that we are trialling for this Council meeting can be found at: alderesolutions.onetec.eu
International Officers should use the same login credentials for this new platform as for the registration system.
If you have any questions or comments at any stage, please write to [email protected] who can help.
Instructions on how to submit an urgency resolution and an amendment to the two resolutions from the ALDE Party Bureau follow:
Submitting an Urgency Resolution
To table an urgency resolution, please follow these steps:
- Log onto the platform and click to enter the event entitled "COUNCIL (18 November 2020) - Urgency Resolutions".
- You will find a button at the bottom of the page that reads "Add a new resolution".
- Use the dropdown menu to choose "Urgency Resolution" in the category, and add a title for the resolution.
- In the main textbox entitled "Resolution" please enter your proposed text. To avoid any potential problems, please use the clipboard button (). A pop-up window will show, into which you can copy and paste your text, and then press OK. For the best results, please copy and paste plain text, without formatting (bold, italic, bullet points etc) at this stage.
- Your pasted text will then display in the box below. You can now enter formatting (bold, italic, bullet points etc) if you wish using the buttons provided.
- To submit your resolution, press the "save resolution" button and your urgency resolution is tabled.
Tabling amendments to the two resolutions from the ALDE Party Bureau
The ALDE Party Bureau proposes two resolutions to the Council on the subjects of the COVID-19 pandemic and also the Conference on the Future of Europe. These two draft resolutions have been circulated to member parties and full member parties will be able to propose amendments if they wish via the online platform before the deadline of Wednesday 4 November at midnight CET.
To table an amendment, please follow these steps:
- Log onto the platform and click to enter the event entitled "COUNCIL (18 November 2020) - Bureau Resolutions". The two resolutions will be displayed here.
- To table an amendment, click the link "amend" displayed next to the resolution you wish to amend.
- The draft text will now display without formatting. Please note there may be isolated instances where the line numbering displayed on this page differs from the resolution as viewed via the platform.
- Use your mouse to select the start and end point of the word/passage you wish to amend. Click the square button () that will then appear on screen.
- A pop-up window will appear where you will be presented with the choice to "Insert after", "Replace" or "Delete". Click one of these options. If you wish to "Insert after" or "Replace", please use the text box above containing the words "Justification..." to enter your proposed text amendment.
- To table your amendment, click the blue button "Save".
- Your amendment will now display as a yellow highlight on the page.
If you have any trouble accessing or entering amendments, or if you wish to indicate that more than one party co-signs particular amendments, please write to [email protected]
Virtual Working Group
After the deadline, the urgency resolutions and proposed amendments will then be circulated to member parties and will be subject to discussion in a virtual working group.
Since it will not be possible to organise a working group within the Council programme, a virtual working group will be organised to discuss the submitted urgency resolutions and amendments to these resolutions.
Further details will follow, but this will take place on either Thursday 12 or Friday 13 November and all registered delegates of full member parties will be invited to participate in the working group following the closing of the voting lists on Wednesday 11 November.
Upon conclusion of the virtual working group, the amended resolutions will be circulated to member parties ahead of the Council meeting on 18 November when a vote will be taken if or not to adopt as amended.
For any queries related to urgency resolutions, their content, submission, or discussion procedure, please contact:
Andrew Burgess, Senior Political Adviser
[email protected] +32 2 551 01 65