On 26 April, the ALDE Party and Renew Europe group hosted the 11th AGRIFISH Ministerial meeting in Brussels, bringing together the Agriculture and Fisheries Ministers of our political family. The meeting was chaired by Renew Europe MEP Iskra Mihaylova (MRF, Bulgaria).
The Ministers discussed and shared views on the items on the Council agenda, with a specific focus on the ongoing negotiations with the European Parliament of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) reform package. Moreover, they also discussed Good Agricultural and Environmental Conditions (GAEC) to promote sustainable farming and the impacts of trade agreements on agriculture.
List of participants:
- Jari Leppä, Minister of Agriculture and Forestry (Keskusta, Finland)
- Julien Denormandie, Minister of Agriculture and Food (LREM, France)
- Charlie McConalogue, Minister for Agriculture and the Marine (FF, Ireland)
- Iskra Mihaylova, Renew Europe Vice-President (MRF, Bulgaria)
- Soren Gade, Renew Europe PECH Coordinator (Venstre, Denmark)
- Jérémy Decerle, Renew Europe MEP (Renaissance, France)
- Martin Hlaváček, Renew Europe MEP (ANO, Czech Republic)
This morning, our ministers are meeting ahead of the #AGRIFISH Council to discuss PAC reform, trade, Good Agricultural and Environmental Conditions (GAEC) and more.🇫🇮 🇫🇷 🇮🇪@RenewEurope @JariLeppa @J_Denormandie @McConalogue @Iskra_Mihaylova @DominiqueRiquet @SoerenGade @JDecerle pic.twitter.com/4c0aAlE7OF— ALDE Party (@ALDEParty) April 26, 2021