On 1 July 2022, the Czech Republic took over the 6-month rotating presidency of the European Council with its priorities set on energy security, Europe's defence capabilities and the economic recovery following Russia's military aggression against Ukraine.
The Czech Presidency is coming to an end in a few weeks at a time when Europe is facing several external and internal challenges that need to be tackled together. In addition to the war in Ukraine, the challenges include the need to provide immediate and coordinated solutions for the energy and economic crises, strengthening EU’s defence capabilities including cybersecurity, and the resilience of the democratic institutions.
Has the Czech Presidency delivered on its ambitions given the uncertain European context? How can it live up to its priorities? Our next liberal breakfast aims to shed light on this and many other questions, so join us for a discussion with our distinguished speakers!
- When: 7 December at 8:30 (registration at the venue starts at 8:00)
- Where: ALDE Party Secretariat in Brussels, Belgium, and online through YouTube and Facebook
- How: to attend in person register here
- Dita Charanzová MEP, ALDE Party Vice-President
- Jules Maaten, Regional Director of the European Dialogue programme of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation (Moderator)