On 26 October, ALDE Party co-Presidents Senator Timmy Dooley and Ilhan Kyuchyuk MEP joined liberal leaders in the Renew Europe Pre-Summit ahead of the European Council meeting of 26-27 October.
Participants discussed the items on the Council’s agenda, including the European Union’s continued support of Ukraine during Russia’s war of aggression, the mid-term revision of the European Union’s long-term budget, future measures on economy and competitiveness and the EU’s migration and asylum policy.
Earlier today, leaders from our political family came together to discuss key priorities ahead of #EUCO 🇪🇺— ALDE Party (@ALDEParty) October 26, 2023
Catch up with the meeting here ⬇️@RenewEurope @timmydooley @ilhankyuchyuk @Xavier_Bettel @kajakallas @markrutte @dreynders @KadriSimson @vestager @JanezLenarcic pic.twitter.com/V7gdU7XIxB
Other participants included:
- Prime Ministers Xavier Bettel (Luxembourg), Kaja Kallas (Estonia), Mark Rutte (The Netherlands)
- Executive Vice-President of the European Commission Margrethe Vestager
- Vice President of the European Commission for Values and Transparency Věra Jourová
- European Commissioners Thierry Breton (Internal Market), Janez Lenarčič (Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management), Didier Reynders (Justice), Kadri Simson (Energy)
- Renew Europe President Stéphane Séjourné
There is utmost urgency outside our #EU27 borders. In #Gaza, in #Ukraine.— Margrethe Vestager (@vestager) October 26, 2023
There can only be utmost urgency in our united response.
Europe must not waiver. @RenewEurope #EUCO pre-summit@ALDEParty pic.twitter.com/QjKDCy4XA4
For pictures of the event, visit our Flickr page.
The next European Council meeting will take place on 14-15 December 2023.