In last December’s parliamentary elections in Romania, the coalition ‘Alianta USRPLUS’ – consisting of ALDE Party member Union Save Romania (USR) and Partidul Libertății, Unității și Solidarității (PLUS) – became the country’s third largest force.
Government coalition talks resulted in the formation of a cabinet with Partidul Național Liberal (PNL), Uniunea Democrată Maghiară din România (UDMR) and an independent candidate Bogdan Aurescu. This new cabinet, led by Prime Minister Florin Cîțu (PNL), took office on 23 December 2020 with Alianta USRPLUS holding seven ministerial positions. USR party leader Dan Barna is one of the two Vice Prime Ministers of the cabinet.
The portfolios of the liberal ministers are as follows:
- Dan Barna: Vice Prime Minister
- Cătălin Drulă: Minister of Transport and Infrastructure
- Christian Ghinea: Minister of Investment and European Projects
- Stelian Ion: Minister of Justice
- Claudiu Năsui: Minister of Economy, Entrepreneurship and Tourism
- Ciprian Teleman: Minister of Research, Innovation and Digitalization
- Vlad Voiculescu: Minister of Health
ALDE Party President Hans van Baalen congratulates Dan Barna and the new liberal ministers, wishing them success in their roles.
Congratulations to @DanBarnaUSR, Cătălin Drulă, @GhineaMEP, @Stelian_Ion_USR, @ClaudiuNasui, @ciprian_teleman and @vlad_voiculescu, appointed ministers in Romania 💐 https://t.co/pKJcWbrrRd @usr_plus pic.twitter.com/mrUTJmI4zM— ALDE Party (@ALDEParty) January 12, 2021