The ALDE Party and the Renew Europe Group hosted the 3rd meeting of liberal ministers responsible for economics and financial affairs ahead of the Council meeting on 7 December. The meeting was chaired by ALDE Party Vice-President Luis Garicano MEP and was also attended by Werner Hoyer, President of the European Investment Bank.
The participants discussed and shared views on the items on the Council agenda, with a specific focus on the measures to strengthen the banking union as well as the package to counter money laundering and the financing of terrorism, which was presented by the European Commission in July 2021.
List of participants:
- Werner Hoyer, President of the European Investment Bank (FDP, Germany)
- Maria Kaisa Aula, State Secretary in the Ministry of Finance (Centre Party, Finland)
- Luis Garicano MEP, Renew Europe Vice-President, ALDE Party Vice-President (Ciudadanos, Spain)
- Stéphanie Yon-Courtin MEP (LREM, France)
- Alena Schillerová, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance (ANO, Czech Republic)
- Pierre Gramegna, Minister of Finance (Democratic Party, Luxembourg)
- Keit Pentus-Rosimannus, Minister of Finance (Reform Party, Estonia)
Today, ministers from our political family and @EIB President Werner Hoyer met for our 3rd #ECOFIN Ministerial to discuss key issues ahead of @EUCouncil. Catch up with the meeting here, chaired by #ALDEParty Vice-President @lugaricano 🇪🇺 @RenewEurope @AulaMK @s_yoncourtin pic.twitter.com/H40A5ARso1— ALDE Party (@ALDEParty) December 7, 2021