The Renew Europe Group in the European Committee of the Regions (Renew Europe CoR) has created a single database, updated regularly, with initiatives by its members to help fight the spread of the coronavirus. The information in the database is available in English, French and Spanish.
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, measures taken by municipal and regional governments are fostering resilient communities, supporting vital healthcare workers and protecting the most vulnerable in society.
Actions by Renew Europe CoR members include, among others:
Member of Kungsbacka Municipal Council Ulrika Landergren, Kungsbacka - Sweden
- The Kungsbacka Municipality created a platform where people can register themselves in order to work on temporary jobs that the commune offers;
- Financial support desk: This is created for free advices in terms of loans, regulations or business overall. There is also a possibility to apply for income support through the financial desk.
- Help desk: This is created for volunteers. If a person wants to help others for their grocery shopping or dog walking etc. the person can call and volunteer.
Mayor Rait Pihelgas, Järva Municipality - Estonia
- The municipality of Järva is setting up a system for home deliveries to ensure the continuity of supplies to the most vulnerable.
Deputy Mayor Robert van Asten, The Hague - Netherlands
- Mayor van Asten wrote an open letter to employees in the cultural sector in The Hague, explaining support measures for citizens, with advice and contact details for further questions.
Ignacio Aguado, Vice-President, Minister for Sport and Transparency and Government Spokesperson for Region of Madrid - Spain
- The Region of Madrid has agreed with hotels the provision of 60,000 beds for patients not sick enough to be hospitalised, but who nonetheless need medical attention.
What measures do our local & regional representatives take to fight #COVID19 #coronavirus in their cities & regions?— Renew Europe CoR (@RenewEuropeCoR) March 19, 2020
❗Find out what our members in the frontline are doing with the latest updates on our map: